We work with a panel of market leading insurers

Home insurance protects you if something should happen to your home, such as a fire, burglary or storm damage. When it comes to contents insurance, everyone should consider this as it protects you against loss or damage to your personal belongings.

Buildings Insurance

Buildings Insurance covers the structure of your home, including the roof, walls, and outbuildings, as well as permanent fixtures inside, such as kitchen cabinets, toilets and fitted wardrobes.

Home Emergency Cover

24 hour helpline so you won’t have to worry about finding a tradesman at short notice or paying over the odds for emergency assistance. The insurer will send an approved tradesman to make your home safe, secure, habitable, and help prevent further damage.

Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance covers your household belongings if they are damaged, lost or stolen. This protects things like furniture, TVs, technology and clothing.

Family Legal Protection Cover

Disputes can occur at any time and range from employment issues, personal injury claims and problems with tradesmen working at your home. Legal cover is here to help.

Personal Possessions Cover

Standard contents insurance only covers items inside the home - not outside. If you need to cover items such as cameras, mobile phones, bicycles, watches and jewellery when away from your home then you can add Personal Possessions cover to your home insurance policy.

Accidental Damage Cover

Accidental Damage Cover is designed to protect your buildings and / or contents against damage that is caused by unintended mishaps, which could include spillages and breakages in the home.

FAQs - Buildings and contents cover

  • Repairs from damage. For example, from escaping water (such as a burst pipe), falling trees, fire, flooding, storms (including ‘acts of god’ such as earthquakes and lightning), subsidence (a shifting of the ground which can cause your home to sink) and vandalism.
  • Replacement of stolen items. Typically covered by the contents element, protecting your possessions in your home, garage and shed.
  • Legal liability. A contents policy usually covers you and any legal costs if a visitor to your home is seriously injured and it’s deemed to be your fault, and a buildings policy does the same if the structure injures a passer-by or visitor, or damages a neighbour’s property.
  • Alternative accommodation. If you can’t stay in your home following a fire or flood, the cost of a hotel or B&B is usually covered.
  • Replacement keys and locks. If damaged, or your keys go missing.
  • Replacement of spoiled food. If your freezer breaks down.

  • Damage due to normal wear and tear.
  • Accidental damage. Though you can sometimes pay more to cover this.
  • High-value items. Unless you’ve specifically told the insurer about them.
  • If you’re away from your home for 30+ days a year.
  • Business-related accidents or damage. If you run a business from home.

The following structure and fittings of your home are usually covered if they’re damaged in a natural or manmade disaster:

  • Walls
  • Roof
  • Ceilings
  • Fitted kitchens
  • Bathroom suites
  • Windows
  • Doors
  • Built-in cupboards and wardrobes

Most insurers will usually cover your house against natural or manmade disasters, including:

  • Fires
  • Water leaks
  • Vandalism
  • Malicious damage
  • Lightning strikes
  • Earthquakes
  • Floods
  • Subsidence

If you are buying your own home, buildings insurance is usually a condition imposed by your mortgage lender. It will cover you for the cost of rebuilding your house if it is damaged or completely destroyed.

Home insurance itself is a general term used to explain the combination of both buildings and contents insurance. Buildings insurance by itself covers you for the structure of the property.

Explore our other useful protection pages

Having the right insurance in place can give you some much needed peace of mind, knowing that you and your loved ones are covered, should the worst happen. With our panel of market leading insurers, we have a range of insurance products to meet your needs.

Want to speak with us? There are plenty of ways to get in touch...

Our friendly team look forward to hearing from you.